COVID-19 may have turned our world upside down, but the best way to stay safe is to be prepared. As we prepare for the eventual opening of our facility as permitted by the county of Alameda, here is what we have prepared and ready to go to protect you, our most important customers, and our staff. However, we can only do what we can, but to be successful, we both have to work together to be successful. If you are feeling sick or have any symptoms, please stay home and rest until you feel better; or until you are confirmed not infected.
Things that we have done and modified:
- No touch hand sanitizer at entrance/exit and throughout our facility.
- No touch thermometer is being taken by our staff at the front desk for each of our guest before entering.
- Air conditioning system is kept at peak efficiency. Frequent change of high efficiency filter and the system is operating at maximum air change to improve air circulation with plenty of outside air (our air intake is up on the roof, a very safe place for non contaminated air).
- Staff/cleaner will be working frequently to disinfect/sanitizing frequently touch surfaces/areas. We use a 2-step, clean-and-disinfect process. Step 1 is to clean the surface with detergent or soap and water, and Step 2 is to follow that by disinfecting the surface using EPA-registered household disinfectants.
- Teachers will be wearing masks and will observe social distance while teaching.
- There will be no touch cuing, unless both parties have consented.
- Tables and chairs are spaced out as much as possible to facilitate social distancing.
- At no time will we exceed the allowable maximum capacity in accordance with the Alameda County Guideline.
Two fundamental steps are more critical than ever: washing and drying hands (you) and cleaning and disinfecting surfaces (us). These measures can go a long way to help curb the spread of germs and create a more hygienic environment.
Hand hygiene is crucial. We will provide ample hand soap, water and disposable paper towels (in the bathrooms), as well as alcohol-based sanitizers containing at least 60% alcohol (no touch dispenser) at several locations within our facility.
You, teachers and staffs are encourage to properly sanitize their hands frequently,
- Before and after eating / drinking (actually, not encouraged)
- After using the restroom
- After coughing, sneezing, nose-blowing or face-touching
- When entering/exiting our facility.
- As much as possible, try not to share anything. But if you have to share electronic devices, pictures, dance instructions, and other equipment, clean and disinfect with dry wipes between uses.
- Avoid touching your face. It is important to wash your hand before/after touching the eyes, nose or mouth. If you have to sneeze or cough, use a tissue to cover your mouth then dispose of the tissue in the trash to help limit the spread of germs.
- Disinfect, disinfect, disinfect! Use hand sanitizers and disinfectant wipes on personal items like cell phones and other shared spaces. Hand sanitizers are provided throughout our facility.